Q: What is Levy?
A: Starting from 1 January 2018, the Insurance Authority of Hong Kong will impose by law a levy on the premium payment(s) of the policy payable by the policyholder(s). The levy is payable to the Insurance Authority and does not form part, and is independent, of any fees or charges payable by the policyholder(s) under their policy.
Q: Who can I contact if I have a question about a vacancy?
A: You can email us at [email protected]
Business hours are Monday to Friday, 9am – 5:30pm.
Q: Can I update my CV or other details?
A: Yes, just contact us at [email protected] if you wish to update your application details.
Q: Will I get feedback on my application?
A: We don’t offer feedback at the application stage. If you didn’t get the job after interview, you can ask for feedback then.
Q: What should I expect at the interview?
A: Most interviews are conducted with at least two interviewers, usually the hiring manager and a recruitment consultant. You’ll find more information about interviews in the recruitment process section.
Q: What happens if I’m on holiday?
A: Where possible we’ll try to reschedule your interview.
Q: I didn’t save a copy of the job advert - how can I get a copy?
A: Email to [email protected] and ask us to send you a copy.
Q: How long do I have before making a decision?
A: We’ll ask you to return your signed acceptance within five working days.
Q: Once I’ve received my offer, should I immediately resign from my current role?
A: This very much depends on you. You should be aware that our first offer is conditional on you passing our pre-employment checks. If you have any doubt about your references, financial probity or criminality checks then you should not resign until these checks are complete. If you’re sure that these checks will be clear then you should resign whenever suits you.
Q: How long does it take to carry out pre-employment checks?
A: Up to 7 working days for critical check items. When these checks are complete we’ll confirm a suitable start date. The full pre-employment checks are expected to complete within 15 working days.
Q: What happens if my pre-employment checks are unsatisfactory?
A: We might withdraw our offer of employment. This is decided on an individual basis.
Terms and Conditions
1. The promotion period for the Activity is from 13 September 2023 to 19 September 2023, both dates inclusive ( "the Promotion Period"). The participation records are subject to those of Heng An Standard Life (Asia) Limited ("Heng An Standard Life Asia", "the Company" or “We”), and no participants may raise any objections to such records. The Company shall not be held responsible for any matters arising from or in connection with the delays, loss, errors, or inability to recognise the data submitted by the participants due to computer, internet, or other issues, or any failure to complete the Activity due to any computer errors.
2. Participants must complete all the designated steps below before the end of the Promotion Period to be considered as "Eligible Participants”.
- Participants must follow the official WeChat account of Heng An Standard Life Asia by using their individual WeChat user accounts within the Promotion Period.
- Participants must be a new WeChat follower of the official WeChat account of Heng An Standard Life Asia. For the avoidance of doubt, participants who had already followed the official WeChat account of Heng An Standard Life Asia before the Promotion Period are not eligible to participate in the Activity.
- After the participants follow the official WeChat account of Heng An Standard Life Asia, they must send the message "HASLA" to the official WeChat account of Heng An Standard Life Asia via chat box within the Promotion Period.
3. For all records of times and dates in respect of the Activity, Heng An Standard Life Asia’s records shall prevail. Any decision made by the Company shall be final and conclusive.
4. Each Eligible Participant is entitled to redeem the Gift once. If the Eligible Participant participates in the Activity more than once, only the first participation will be counted.
5. If the participants submit incorrect or inaccurate details, they will not be eligible to participate in the Activity.
Details of the Activity:
6. Heng An Standard Life Asia is the organiser of the Activity.
7. Eligible Participants will have the opportunity to redeem the Gift valued at HKD550. All services associated with the Gift will be provided by a third party - Mediconcen Limited ( "the Service Provider").
8. The Gift is only applicable to the first 500 Eligible Participants ( "the Winners") on a first-come-first-served basis until supplies last.
9. The Company will announce the list of Winners on its WeChat official account within a week after the Promotion Period. Winners can further obtain redemption details by adding Heng An Standard Life Asia customer service WeChat account (WeChat ID: HASLASIA).
10. After the Winners follow the aforementioned Heng An Standard Life Asia customer service WeChat account, they will receive a one-time redemption code and a webpage link of the Service Provider. The Winner is required to enter the redemption code on the Service Provider's designated webpage on or before 31 October 2023 in order to redeem either of the following Gifts:
(i) One free Lipid (Cholesterol) Profile Test (valued at HK$550, this Gift must be used on or before 31 March 2024), or
(ii) A one-time discount of HKD550 may be used to purchase other specific services offered by the Service Provider. This Gift must be used on or before 31 March 2024. When the Winner enters the redemption code to purchase other specific services provided on the Service Provider’s designated webpage, a HKD550 discount will be deducted from the original price of such service.
- The Winners can only choose one of the aforementioned Gifts. Once a choice has been made, it cannot be withdrawn or changed. The Gift is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Once the Gift is distributed, it will not be reissued in case of loss, theft or expiry of use.
- The Gift is subject to the terms and conditions of Mediconcen Limited. For relevant terms and conditions, please contact the Service Provider.
11. Providing personal information is voluntary. When the participants provide personal information to the Company, the participants signify that they agree and accept the Company's Personal Information Collection Statement. If the participants do not agree or accept the terms of the Personal Information Collection Statement, please refrain from providing your personal information to the Company. However, failure to provide the required personal information as requested may result in the Company being unable to process participation eligibility of the participants.
12. By participating in the Activity, the participants acknowledge and agree that they understood, accepted and agreed to comply with the terms and conditions of the Activity.
13. Heng An Standard Life Asia reserves the right to terminate or amend the terms and conditions of the Activity at any time without prior notice.
14. The Company has full discretion in determining the eligibility of WeChat users to participate in the Activity and any entitlement to the Gift. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any WeChat users who violate the terms and conditions of the Activity from participating in the Activity.
15. In case of any dispute, Heng An Standard Life Asia reserves the right to make the final and conclusive decision.
16. Heng An Standard Life Asia is not the supplier of the Gift. Heng An Standard Life Asia does not make any representation, warranty, or commitment regarding the quality and validity of the Gift, and it assumes no responsibility or liability for the services provided by the Service Provider. Mediconcen Limited is the Service Provider for the Gift and is fully responsible for the services it provides.
17. All employees of Heng An Standard Life Asia are not eligible to participate in the Activity.
18. The Activity is intended to take place in Hong Kong only. The terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.